Sunday, August 28, 2011

serving the elderly



Mudika Adelaide seems a little unproductive these days, actually we have regular meeting for the choir, but not all mudikans are joining choir. so we thought of having an activity such as serving a nursing home and do a voluntarily work for them. the plan wasn't going really well because we need to go through police check which cost us money , another things is join another organisation in order to serve them. so we kind of forget about it, and looking for another opportunity to serve. we always pray to God for only His will happen to us.


and yesterday, after the long process of longing to serve, God answer our prayer through Ibu asanah. She asked me whether we want to sing in uniting church because they will have a presentation about their work in Indonesia, some of them just came back from mission in Indonesia to serve an orphanage which accommodates many children and babies as well as helping mother to give birth. they help them to built a wall from the stone that is very big,It such a wonderfull work what they have done, for me it's a pleasure to appreciate them for their humilliation, even only with singing, even though they are Christian.


we went there and we saw all the people who attended this talk was an elderly, above 65, and I was stunning right there, realise this is it, the answer of our prayer, let it be done in His name.
we singing for them, we serve them afternoon tea, talk to them, clean the table and dish, exactly what we have been planning, this is the miracle from God.


there is one point that I need to highlight, when one of the disciples ask which church we came from and I said " we are from catholic church in the city"
"oh well, do you believe in God?"
"yes I am"
"so we are the same." told the guy. and it was really struck me because it wass the same thing that Dion always told me, there is nothing difference between us, we believe in Jesus and we shared the same value, what is the matters?
I feel the peace in this church, I can feel how people serve God with unconditional love, and humble heart. that brings back my memory when I serve Tiberias church when I was 14, I gained many knowledge about God and experienced many survival at that time, I really need to credited them for what I became. Love can be spread in many ways, and with everybody


Maybe Catholic is the most authentic church from the beginning of Jesus, this is true, but don't let this be a pride that will cast us like what happen before, what we need to do is understanding more and spread the love of God available to everyone. we convinced our faith is the right one, but it doesn't mean everyone need to follow, wherever they can feel the peace and love of God alive, they always can make a changes from that point.Let God touch their heart and put wherever they want to make a changes.


Anyway, after the talk finished, the disciples told me they are happy to welcome us anytime we want to sing for them again, we were so happy can help others with our voice, and hope it's going to be one of the Choir agenda in the future.

No comments: