Thursday, September 22, 2011

working place

Hey, I just accepted as a F&B staff in Adelaide Convention Centre, somehow I really hope the accepted me earlier because the work place soo good!! It took 3 months for them to call me, I think more than that because I have apply on May, wondering if they can called me on July but they didn't, and then I re apply it on July, and i didn't know which form are actually they picked.

They call me last week for the group interview, it's pretty competitive, 20 of us, and 14 were choose to go next stage, and I am one of them *cuiutitt, quite proud of my self coz I don't have much experience in hospitality, I just try to present my self as good as possible, and then here I am doing training.

I need to say they really professionally company, and they trains the worker professional way as well, even though we are just casual worker who can step out whenever we want. from the beginning of the training, they gave us access card, locker key, they showed us around, they explain about everything, our job coped, our environment, the staff, even they have a huge canteen and free food inside there! awesomee... I think they can fit around 100 people at once? we can make our own dinner, there are some free vegi,ham,lamb, egg, cheese for  sandwiches, or coffee, tea, bread, milk, all for free. *yippy.
what makes me amaze is they do give us a uniform, special for us, so we need to have a fitting, and they will look after it, they will changes for us if we don't look good, they measure till we found our sizes, they give us name tag *wow*and  all the details that we need to know, everything is FRESH EVERYDAY.
they really put effort for taking care of us, look after their employee, and make sure they serve the best for the customer. because they come and paid so much for the best service, so make sure it didn't dissapoint them.
the coolest thing is the work log, is a finger scan! it's not finger prints but finger scan! so every each of us has unique finger, and from it they can identify us. every time we check in and check out we need to put our finger in the scanner, what and high technology! no wonder they are leading the convention centre in Adelaide for the last 24 years :).
They trained us professionally, not only theory but also practically, like live training, seems like we are on the floor buy actually just practising. many things that i didn't understand since I'm not from hospitality field, but they said we can learn by the time.

I have no problem with the people, maybe not yet. but so far, we are in the good mood and I do really have a great group, they all polite and friendly. I realise that we will have a different roaster each, according to our availability, but hopefully those staff can maintain this behaviour, be nice aye!  when the first interview, I have 1 person who really connect to me, she is a Malaysian called her Audry, and I started to make friends with local who don't mid, like Teresa, Melissa, and Natalie. they all cool. and I like to work with them so far.

The payment is soo good, maybe that would be my issues is the shift, they do really morning shift and late shift, I'm not sure how I going to go there, what transportation should I used, really have no idea. hopefully there is someone who kind enough to fetch me home :)

Anyway, I really great time, hopefully i can save some money in the future from this job. and I really thanks to God for giving me this great oppotunity, this might not a forever job, but certainly I can gain more expiriences from this job, hopefully.

Thank's God :)

No comments: